- Create a new Word processing document at the google docs. Follow link “Document” when in your STJ email account:
- Table->Insert Table a 5×6 table.
- Label the top B I N G O, centre justified
- Into the remaining 25 squares insert a hyperlink and a brief description to a selected tv trope from Iron Giant.
- Print your Iron Giant TV Trope BINGO card.
Watch the film, record the DVD time and a brief description of the film trope in each square as you discover them.
Maybe we’ll give away treats for any BINGO – a line(horizontal/vertical), a diagonal, an “X”, and of course, the full blackout.
Your “I can … ” outcomes:
- “I can … Experiment with language and forms“
- “I can .. examine and re-examine ideas, information and experiences from different points of view to find patterns and see relationships“
- “I can … use knowledge of visual and textual cues and structural features when skimming and scanning various print and other media texts to locate relevant information effectively and efficiently.“
- “I can … identify and discuss how timeless themes are developed in a film.”
- “I can … recognize how imagery and figurative language, such as a trope, create a dominant impression, mood and tone.“
- “I can … focus my attention to synthesize ideas and information from a variety of sources to develop own opinions, points of view and general impressions.“
- “I can … relate tropes from the film to culture and analyze how the film reflect the traditions, beliefs and technologies of different cultures, communities or periods in history.“